It is possible to automatically inhibit cardholders who have not used their card for a specified number of days. The checking is done every night at 00:45.
For example, the system may be configured to inhibit all cardholders whose badges are not read for 3 days:
A cardholder who passed his badge on day ‘1' (at any time) will have access on days ‘2', ‘3' and ‘4'.
If the badge is not read during these 3 days, the system will invalidate automatically it on day ‘5' at 00:45 a.m.
Note: this function only works if GuardPoint Pro is running at the time that inhibition must be set (i.e. 00:45 each day). If the PC is turned off at night, the inhibition command will not be sent to the readers at 00:45 a.m. and the system does not check this function again on startup.
- Exit the application and look for the GuardPointPro.ini file at the main application folder.
- Open it with Notepad and look for the following entry:
AutomaticInhibition = 0
- If this line does not exist, run GuardPoint Pro, go to Tools > Options > OK
This operation rebuilds the GuardPointPro.ini file and inserts all the possible entries according to the latest application version.
- Set the value according to the required day's number before inhibition.
e.g. to inhibit all the cardholders whose badges were not read for 3 days, set:
AutomaticInhibition = 3
- Save and close this file, and restart GuardPoint Pro.