This is a method for assisting in exporting and Migrating Cardholder data from GuardPoint Pro to GuardPoint 10 by use of an Excel file.
This method is a work in progress and may not work in all scenarios. Backup any existing data before use.
It has been tested in GuardPoint Pro 3.3.075 and GuardPoint10 version 1.60.34 with a limited set of test users.
Fields currently supported are:
- Last and First Name
- Employee Number and Type
- Badge code
- Company and Department
- Multiple Access Group *
- Pin code
- ID Number
- Photo Path
* Cardholders in multiple groups will be assigned to a new Multiple Access Group with the name of all the included groups combined.
Note: You will need Microsoft Excel installed on the same machine as the GuardPoint Pro database.
If you are using Microsoft Excel 2010 or 2013, you will need to download and install Microsoft Power Query.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- Update GuardPoint 10 to the latest version if necessary.
- Ensure GuardPoint Pro is closed.
- Download GPPMigration_1.60.xlsx and move to the GuardPoint Pro installation folder.
- Open GPPMigration_1.60.xlsx, and click Enable on any yellow pop-ups.
- Wait until the file has finished loading the Cardholder data, then save and close the file.
- Open GuardPoint 10 and go to Cardholders, Import and select Browse next to the File Name box.
- Select GPPMigration_1.60.xlsx in the GuardPointPro installation folder and click Import.
If you need more assistance with the migration, please contact technical support.