GuardPoint Pro has the facility to send dynamic email messages after an event or transaction using the send email Action > Process > Global Reflex function.
There may be a time you wish to receive an email for when a particular reader has been used, a certain cardholder has arrived or a to see what transaction has been used.
We accomplish this with dynamic text in the message of the email.
Available variables (these are updated when a Global Reflex is invoked)
• Cardholder Name (%c)
• Cardholder ID (%cid)
• Reader Name (%r)
• Reader ID (%rid)
• Input Name (%i)
• Input ID (%iid)
• Log Date (%d)
• Log transaction type (%t)
Full description like in log (%f)
1. Open Tools > Option > General tab and then click on to the email options button:
2. At the email options screen fill in all relevant details. Ask your IT administrator for these details.
Setting Actions, Processes and Global Reflexes to send the email
1. At the event handling menu make sure you have ACM module.
2. Click on Action to open the action screen.
- Click new, give the action a name.
- For the To field this should be the person receiving the email.
- In the Message field this is where we put the dynamic text.
- In the example, we wish to see an email showing the transaction type, name of the cardholder and the time.
- For this we enter %t %c %d from the list on page 1.
- You can have the email showing one variable or multiple variables, multiple variables are separated by a space.
- Once all the details for the action have been filled out click Make it process button and then close the action window.
Configure Global Reflex that will trigger the email action.
1. Open Global Reflex
- Create a new Global Reflex, name and save.
- Active when should be checked Always.
- Executed by should be checked PC software.
- Click the properties tab.
In the example, we wish to monitor any cardholder that has the transaction Access Granted from Reader 01.
When an access granted at this reader is true the Global Reflex will trigger the action sending the email with the dynamic information.
We configure this like so:
For Event type, choose Access Granted.
Reader should be set to the Reader/door you wish to monitor.
Transaction code would be set to any transaction.
Cardholder should be set to Any Cardholder.
Process would be set to the email process we made earlier > Save.
Now when any card passes at Reader 01 on Controller one, we will receive an email with the following dynamic information: